Friday, July 6, 2012

2 recipes!

These are the 2 recipes I made for our family 4th of July get together. They both turned out so yummy! I could not find the right sprinkles for the firecracker cookies so I used what I had & they still turned out cute. :)

Firecracker Cookies


Ingredients:
~1box French Vanilla Cake Mix (18.25 oz)
~1 tsp Baking Powder
~2 Eggs
~½ Cup Vegetable Oil
~1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
~1/2 Cup Red Sprinkles
~1/2 Cup Blue Sprinkles

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, mix together cake mix & baking powder.
In a small bowl, mix together eggs, oil, and vanilla.
Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture & stir.
Stir in the sprinkles.
Drop by spoonfulls on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes.

**I made these Tuesday night and they were still SO soft on Wednesday!!! 


Potato Salad

Ingredients:
~8 medium red potatoes, cubed (cube before boiling)
~4-5 hard boiled eggs, chopped
~1 ½ cup mayo
~2 tbsp finely chopped onion (can leave out)
~2 tsp mustard (can add more for a more yellow color)
~1 tsp celery seed 
~Salt & pepper to taste

(**I left out the onion**)

Directions:
Boil potatoes in water 15 – 20 minutes or until tender. Drain & cool.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes and eggs.
In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients.
Pour over potatoes and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. 
**This is BY FAR the BEST potato salad I have ever tasted! Thank my friend Rachel for this recipe :)

We had a great 4th of July! My Uncle's house is so fun - we ate, ate, ate, oh yeah and ate; played lots of games, got drenched by a downpour, went on his zip-line several times, watched fireworks, and watched lots of kiddos play in the pool!! We had a blast! 
This was Ty & I's fourth 4th of July together. Looking forward to many more :)

Me & my momma before we both (yes, she rode it too) rode the zip line!!!!
 Someone was WORN OUT from all the 4th of July fun. She played so hard all day with all the other "big" dogs!! She was filthy after all day in the dirt/mud! I was nervous she was going to freak out when the fireworks started going off but she slept under my chair the whole time. :)
I have lots of fun zip lining videos but I seem to have forgotten how to upload them. They are from my phone. Anyone have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment