Monday, May 30, 2011

My Nana

We lost our Nana on Friday. It was very sudden and happened very fast. My mom texted me around 6am telling me to call her when I got up. Well, my anxiety-filled self could not wait, so I called her right then. Nana was in the hospital and she was not doing well. Dad got to the hospital around 8 and I went up to be with him. There were alot of things that happened fast but they think it ended up being a stroke. I stayed at the hospital pretty much all day. She passed away around 9pm, surrounded by 3 of her 6 sons & their wives, one of her SILs, and a close friend. I am so glad she is at peace now with Jesus and has regained her sharp mind!

I went to visit her the Saturday after the tornado, which was the last time I saw her. She was talking up a storm to Dad and I and I am SO glad I got to spend some one on one time with her. She fell and broke her hip a few weeks ago and so I'm assuming alot of what happened could have been a result of the surgery.

As much as I'm going to miss her, I am SO glad she is finally with Poppy. She had a VERY hard time when he went to be with Jesus 11 years ago. She loved him with every ounce of her being and I just KNOW that Poppy was waiting for her at the gates of Heaven with Jesus. I am picturing them dancing right now :). She missed him every single second of the past 11 years. I was looking at a scrapbook last night that she had made of pictures of them, notes she had written to him, and poems she had written to him. I had to hold back the tears. Their love was so deep. She even kept little notes she had written to him when he was alive, such as "Hey honey, I'm going to K-Mart, be back soon". I thought it was so neat that she kept literally everything that had to do with them. It was precious to see.

I made a list of some things I will miss most about my sweet Nana:
1. her laugh
2. her hugs
3. her love for betty boop
4. her pastina - only she could make it PERFECT
5. her spaghetti
6. her lasagna (we do have the recipes for #5 and #6)
7. her house
8. her love for her grandchildren
9. her voice
10. how excited she got when she saw me

Rest in Peace sweet Nana. I love you very much and I will never forget you. You will always be in my heart wherever I go. I hope you and Poppy are having fun up there. Tell him I miss him and love him too!


I love you Nana!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss..I lost my grandmother 3 weeks ago :( the sucky thing is she is several thousand miles away & I hadn't seen her in 9 years!..I envy that you got to spend some final time with yours.

    It is well!

    ReplyDelete