Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Favorite Fall Meal - Breakfast Edition

Happy Tuesday! I can't believe I'm actually back like I said I would be. :) That never happens! I'm usually a total slacker.

Ok, so can we re-name this post to "A fall breakfast I've had my eyes on and I want to make really bad?"

Ok, great..that's settled. I haven't actually made this but my mouth waters when I think about it. So I think I need to make it ASAP!

Of course I stole this recipe from Pinterest, because where else do you get your recipes?

I am really good about pinning recipes and trying them. If we like them then they go into our rotation, and if not, we don't make them again. However, this is one recipe I've had my eye on but haven't made yet.

So here we go...the fall breakfast that The Latham's are trying STAT.

Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
^^ that is the link to the original post by Cooking Classy! :)

Your mouth just watered reading that didn't it? It's ok, mine is watering too.

I have made many many renditions of pancakes over the years. Ty is a health nut so pancakes aren't his favorite but I grew up eating my moms pancakes every single Saturday morning so most Saturdays when I think about what I want to cook for breakfast, my mind turns to pancakes. Since Ty (and I do too!) likes things a little healthier, I have tried lots of different healthier versions of pancakes. I like that this recipe has oats in it and you could leave out the chocolate chips if you wanted but then they would just be called Pumpkin Oat Pancakes. :)

And my goodness as soon as Fall hits, I am whipping up ANYTHING with pumpkin in it. I just love it! Nothing says Fall more than pumpkin everything.
#givemeallthepumpkin

And it has cinnamon.

And nutmeg.

#allthetastesoffall

So here is the recipe...

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (did yall know you can make your own buttermilk??? google it. I've done it before and it works!!!)
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
3 TBSP canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients and make a well in the center. Set aside.
Mix all wet ingredients and pour into the well of your dry ingredients.
Whisk until blended and then fold in chocolate chips.
Pour 1/3 batter onto a buttered griddle & cook each side until golden brown.
Enjoy with your favorite syrup.

Ok, now I need these in my belly!

Do you have a favorite Fall breakfast?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment