Monday, November 16, 2015

Day in the Life - 11/12/15

Happy Monday! And Happy 500th post to me!!!! On one hand I can't believe I have written 500 posts, but on the other it took me how many years to do that?? 7? Ha! :)

I first want to say that I too have been glued to the tv watching the news about Paris. My heart goes out to everyone in Paris. It makes me sick that there is such cruelty in this world. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected.
______________________________________________________________

I am excited to do a Day in the Life post today! Do any of you follow Andrea at Momfessionals? She has 3 adorable kids & she is a teacher so I love reading her blog! She did a Day in the Life post last week (the link brings you right to the post) and I completely forgot to record one of my days last week to link up with her so I thought I would just do my own post today! I'm a little late to the party I guess. :) I absolutely LOVE these posts...does that make me nosey? I love seeing what everyday life is for everyone else. I also think it will be neat to look back and see how simple and calm life was while it was just Ty and I.

I picked last Thursday (and was hoping to post this on Friday - oops), which was a normal Thursday around here.

5:21am - Up and out of bed! Last week I had morning duty at school which means I have to set my alarm for about 10 minutes earlier so I can make sure I get to school on time! I usually hit my snooze about a dozen times but Ty was restless and I felt bad for keeping him up with the alarm so I went ahead and got up.

 

This girl has an expensive dog bed in our room but chooses to sleep on the couch every night because she's no longer allowed on our bed.

#highmaintenance

She usually does not even get up and greet me in the morning when I head to the bathroom but on this morning, she did. :) She hung out with me the whole time I was getting ready. Sweet baby!
 
 
 6:20am - Hair done, Make up done, Dressed and ready - Now I need my coffee. :)

This pumpkin spice creamer is my FAV!!!!


6:22am - In my car and pulling out of my driveway....ready for my 50ish minutes trek to work! I am not a morning person at all but I don't mind my morning commute (the afternoon is a different story). I love to drink my coffee and sing along to the radio and just think. Lately I've been extra happy in the mornings because I've been listening to Christmas music!!!!!!! YAY!!!

 
7:10am - 48 minutes later, I arrive at work ready for a room full of 1st graders! 



Hello home away from home! The calm before the day. :) On the weeks I have morning duty, I keep all the 1st graders from 7:15 - 7:30 and then they go to their own classrooms & our day gets started.


Thought I'd snap a picture of these adorable candy corn people we made in October. This week they will be replaced with little turkeys!


8:10am - My kids go to PE and specials at 8:00 & 8:30 most days so I usually eat my breakfast while running around the school making copies, laminating, unjamming our brand new copier (UGH!!), writing lesson plans, etc. Lately my breakfast has looked like this - 2 rice cakes with PB&J on top. :) One of my sweet babies gave me some homemade muscadine jelly and it is heavenly!
9:00am - 10:15am - I teach math. We were reviewing on Thursday so we played some math games, & I did some assessments!

10:15am - 11:10am - I teach writing. On Thursday we wrote about what we think our principal does all day. They were super funny! I always love this writing activity but it is so funny what most of them think she does al day! We ended up making a book out of our writing today and I hung the book in the hallway. I wish I would have taken a picture of one of the completed ones. "She watches us on the cameras" was a common response (think I use that line a lot???).
 
 
11:15am - 11:45am - Lunch. This week my lunch consisted of 1 boiled egg, cottage cheese, some pretzels, and a banana or granola bar! I usually eat bites in between opening milks, ketchup, salad dressing, telling 6 year olds to sit down 10 times, etc. ;)
 
11:50am - 1:50pm - I teach reading. I took no pictures because well, for 2 hours I teach my little heart out trying to get those babies to learn to read. :)
 
2:00pm - 2:30pm - Kona Ice/Recess. This is normally our science time but every Thursday the shaved ice truck comes and our kids can buy one. We take it and our snack outside and have an extended recess.
 
3:20pm - I'm out the door and headed home! I normally have a meeting every Thursday after school til about 4:00 or so but it was canceled last Thursday! Score!

4:35pm - I am pulling into my driveway. I stopped at CVS to get some pictures - which they told me they didn't have - but don't worry, they did. I went back Saturday & reprinted them...only to find out that the original ones were listed under my maiden name & were there the whole time! So frustrating. Apparently when you type in your name for the order, it doesn't matter because whatever your phone number is linked to is what name they print it under.
 
 
Time to let Emma out! Ty was out working all day (some days he works from home) so she was cooped up all day & needed to release some energy!





Immediately when I got back in from letting Emma out, my comfy clothes went on. Most days I try to go to the gym or walk after school then I cook dinner and shower and put my PJs on but Thursdays are a little different! Ty and I eat leftovers and I put on my comfy clothes and go to bible study.
 
 
Emma joined me on the couch before bible study. This girl loves to SNUGGLE!



I watched Chopped until it was time to go to bible study. I wrote about my recent obsession with Chopped in a post a few weeks ago and my obsession continues. Now there is a Chopped JR and these kids are like 12 years old and better cooks than me. #epicfailure
 
I went to bible study and had a great tie fellowshipping with my small group girls! We have enjoyed studying Esther this Fall with Beth Moore. :) 



 
8:30pm - It was back on the couch for me!!!



One of my sweet friends from home started texting me around 9 and we chatted for awhile and caught up with each other since it had been awhile since we had talked. She got married this Spring so we are both newlyweds (I can still be a newlywed, right??). She told me she was reading this book and said it was great so it is on my list!!!! Can't wait!

 
 
 
10pm - I took a shower and got ready for bed. I snapped this screenshot before I went to bed! It was kind of a late night for me, which happens alot on Thursdays! I have been trying really hard to go to bed at a decent hour lately. I usually go to bed at a really unreasonably hour so I am really trying to work on it!

 
 
And that was my Thursday!!! I hope I didn't bore yall to death!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment