Monday, March 16, 2015

Old friends

If you've read my little blog for more than 5 seconds, you know how much I adore my girlfriends. I think God created us to fellowship together, support each other, cry and laugh with each other, and enjoy life together. And there's something so comforting about friends from your hometown. It's been very strange since my parents moved over to Birmingham. I absolutely love having them here but it changes the dynamics of the place I call "home". I will always refer to my hometown as home no matter how many years I've spent away from it. I haven't been back since August and my heart needs it. Luckily in two weeks I get to go spend some time with my girlfriends! 

Last weekend one of my oldest friends got married near Athens, GA (hello all my UGA lovers!). Luckily, my sister Jeri & her husband still live there so mom & I got to make a weekend out of it!!

We got to eat some yummy Mama's Boy..
(If you ever go to Athens, you MUST eat here.)

And then did a little shopping! Athens has the cutest downtown area with lots of boutiques so we walked around and had some girl time.

The wedding was Saturday night and it was so much fun!!! I just love seeing old friends and picking up right where we left off. 

Meet Ashlyn. She was the beautiful bride. This picture was taken nearly ten years ago in Ocean City, Maryland on a mission trip. 

{Amanda, Wrenn, Ashlyn, and I - years and years of friendship between us!!}
Wasn't she a  gorgeous bride?? Her dress was stunning. 

Here's Ashlyn and her groom dancing to their first dance. They have the neatest story. Ashlyn is a flight attendant for Delta and they met on a plane!!!! Talk about God orchestrating a love story. They are so sweet! 

I chatted the night away with my bestie Wrenn. We don't get to see each other often so when we do we pretty much go 90 to nothin'! 

It was so good to see so many familiar faces that helped shape me into who I am today. 

On Sunday mom and I headed back to Birmingham and stopped in Atlanta and met this best friend for lunch...

We ate at a cute little diner & chatted the morning away! I love my sweet Melissa! 

Can't wait to go see some of these sweet friends again in a few weeks for my spring break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment