Monday, February 9, 2015

My girlfriends

So, it's not a secret that I just adore my girls. 

 
I had 14 bridesamids.
Yes, I said 14. 
And no, I couldn't cut any of them. I actually wanted 1 more but she had just had a baby and it would have been too much on her to be a bridesmaid so she read scripture at our wedding (hi Lauren!). 

I wonder how many times I heard 
"14?? Why???"
"That's 14 gifts you have to buy!"
"Why can't you cut one or two?"
"You're crazy!"
Etc. Etc. Etc.

I have posted this on Instagram before but each of these girls have played such a huge role in my life. Some have been around my whole life, some since elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and a few I have met since college but each holds such a special place in my heart. They have all laughed with me, cried with me, prayed with me, lifted me up, celebrated with me, and molded me into who I am today. Keeping these friendships takes work. I moved away from "home" when I was 17. So for almost 10 years, (ahhh hello high school reunion soon!) I have had to maintain long distance friendships. And then after college, we all went our separate ways too. It's hard. And it takes planning, and texting, and calling, and facetiming, and road trips. One of my best friends lives in Boston so it even takes plane trips sometimes! All of this is so important to me because these are my people. They know me, they get me, they love me for me. I am SO not perfect, and I make mistakes everyday and they still love me. 

Every time I see my people & get to spend time with them, it refreshes me. It makes me whole again. I am a firm believer in the fact that women need women to help you through life. 

My sweet bestie, Allison, moved to Georgia this summer after she got married and so this weekend me & 2 of our girlfriends took a road trip to see her! We had such a wonderful time talking, shopping, eating, drinking coffee, and recharging our batteries! We never turned the tv on all weekend. It was just us, catching up and enjoying each other! 

Even though I came home last night to a flooded apartment (Um yea, you read that right), I have felt so refreshed! 

I sure do love my hubby (and missed him this weekend), but sometimes you just need your girlfriends!!!! 





It was the perfect weekend! Well, until I came home and found water everywhere! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment