Sunday, January 20, 2013

busy busy BUSY!

I have seriously neglected my blog this month! I don't know how the month of January could be any busier than November & December but somehow January has already given November & December and run for their money. Since January 1st, I have found a new apartment (more on that later), celebrated my nephews FIFTH birthday (good grief they need to stop growing up so fast), completed 3 long runs (7, 8, and 9 miles), went home for a weekend, had stomach virus, shopped for new furniture for my apartment, babysat my 7 month old niece overnight for the first time (talk about paranoid aunt), played in the snow, went to the Luke Bryan concert, and celebrated my mom's birthday!


And there are still 11 days left in this month?

Planning on squeezing in a 10 & 11 mile run, and a trip to the Rodeo before the month is over!

Since I had the stomach bug last weekend, I was too weak to run 9 miles on Sunday, which pushed my run back to Monday. Well, Monday it downpoured all day which left me no choice but to run in the rain. That's only half of it. Because I don't get home until right before dark, I was forced to run in the rain and in the dark. Luckily, I have a sweet boyfriend who followed me in his car the WHOLE NINE MILES. I am one lucky gal. :)

Yesterday, Christen and the kids came over for a few hours and Aubrey was attached to me most of the day. We hung out in my room and she helped me get ready and put my make up on. She also let me curl her hair. It looked SO cute. :)


Last weekend, I went home to help mom with Baby Kate. Her & dad were keeping Kate while the rest of the family was at Disney World. I ended up with a little stomach bug so I wasn't much help...ha.

Nana didn't feed me enough, so I'm eating the spoon!

Out shopping with Nana and Aunt Kat

Saturday when I was home, baby Hagen came over and this is about how we all felt (his momma included) We laid on the couch most of the day because we were all sick!
Sunday night, Kate & I ended up back in Birmngham and it was just me and her all night...
Say what?? Just me and Aunt Kat?

Luckily, sweet girl slept through the night but Aunt Kat tossed and turned all night. I was so paranoid that she would start crying and I wouldn't hear her. And I made about 10 trips in her room to make sure she was breathing. PARANOID.

This week we got some snow on Thursday. I kept showing my kids the radar all day and it finally hit us around 1:30 so I took them outside to play in it. They LOVED IT. That afternoon, it took me an hour and a half to get home. NOT FUN.

The Malibu before I left school on Thursday

We got a 2 hour delay the next morning so I stayed at Ty's a little longer than normal on Thursday night. When I headed home, I learned that the roads in my neighborhood were icy and there are some hills I almost didn't make up trying to get home. Granddaddy's house sits on a hill so I knew it would be a challenge to get up. I had already called Ty flipping out when I could barely get up the small hills in the neighborhood. He coached me through trying to get up the driveway and after a few tries, I gave up. The Malibu just wasn't going to make it! So, I parked my car at the bottom of the hill and walked up. That wasn't any easy task either. I face planted in the snow about half way up. HA!

Friday morning, looking down the driveway

Who spots the Malibu at the bottom of the driveway?

From the bottom looking up. Who sees my skid marks in the ice? ha!
This was Granddaddy's street Friday morning...oh fun!!!
Friday morning, I left about 15 minutes early to make sure I had enough time to get to work. I heard the interstates were full of wrecks and it was a nightmare. So I had an hour to get to work and guess what? I was still late! It took me an hour and 15 minutes to get to school and I passed about 5 wrekcs on the way! When I pulled out of my neighborhood, I sat in STANDSTILL traffic for 30 straight minutes. Us Southerners flip out when snow and ice come our way. ha!

This sweet girl has been extra cuddly lately because its been cold. This momma aint complaining!

 Ty's parents and sister and I went to the Luke Bryan concert on Friday night. All I have to say is...WOW. He puts on one heck of a concert!!! It was so good! Florida Georgia Line and Thompson Square opened for him and they were great too. We had a blast!
Casey and I before the concert

Shake it for me!!!!!!
Well, that was a long enough post. Anyone still here reading?
Time to go gear up for my 10 miler this afternoon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment