Monday, January 28, 2013

11 miles!

11 miles complete!!!!


I seriously cannot believe I can run for 11 miles without stopping. When I first started running, I could only run for about 10 minutes straight. Now I'm running for almost 2 hours straight!!

Yesterday was hard. I won't lie. Last week my ankles and knees were hurting and I was thinking it was just a one time thing but it wasn't. My knees started hurting yesterday around mile 5 or 6 and my ankles started hurting around mile 9 or so. I think I need new shoes but I don't want to buy any right before the 1/2 marathon so I guess I will run through the pain! I am really trying to work out my legs good too because the more muscle I have in my legs, the less stress I will have on my knees. My toes also started hurting toward the end (weird, I know) and I figured out why last night, BLISTERS on toe #3. Yikes.

Anyways, enough complaining. I made it. Without stopping. I started off around a 9:40 pace and as each mile passed, I got slower and slower. I'm seriously trying NOT to worry about my pace or time but its hard to hear a 10:25 pace in my headphones each mile when I'm used to hearing 9:30 when I run 5Ks and 10Ks. BUT...this race is way longer and I HAVE to pace myself. I cannot run hard at the beginning because I will get burned out. Last week my average pace was 10:14 and this week it was 10:27 as you can see in the picture above. Again, trying not to worry about that, just trying to cross the finish line on February 17th on my feet and not have to crawl on my hands and knees.

So, I've got one more long run (12 miler) on the schedule for next Sunday and then the next week is a 5 miler, then the next week is the 1/2!!! I'm getting nervous!!!


hello jello legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment