Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Beautiful Tribute

Today was Meme's funeral and it was a perfect tribute to her life. My uncle, mom, and oldest sister spoke and all 3 of them did an amazing job telling everyone why she was so special. They talked about her love of fashion, coffee, the lake, a clean house, baseball, God, and her family.

It is very hard to grasp the fact that I will never see her again, but I find peace in the fact that she is no longer suffering & confused. I also find peace in knowing I will see her again in Heaven. She was such an amazing grandmother, who loved us so much. I am so thankful I got 24 years with her, but can't help but think about how my kids will never know her. And that hurts. I am going to do my best to share her legacy with them someday.

Please pray for my family. I live with my granddaddy and it's been a rough couple of days. Everyone is leaving and I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders to make sure he is ok.

Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate her life with us. Thank you to my sweet friends who sent flowers, texts, and Facebook messages. I am so blessed to have such an amazing group of friends & family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment