Wednesday, November 11, 2009

it's the most wonderful time of the year

Today was the day that got me in the Christmas mood! I am now fully engaged in all Christmas festivities. I don't know what it was about today, but it just happened. We didn't have school today so Lauren and I met at zoe's for lunch. If you've never been there, you need to go. They have the BEST chicken salad ever. I noticed today that they had egg salad sandwiches, which I am definitely without a doubt trying next time I go. If you know me, you know I love eggs. Any type if egg, every way you can make an egg, I like it. Anyways, after our splendid lunch, Lauren and I went all around Tuscaloosa shopping for Christmas presents. The first couple of places we went were duds. I found nothing....I was getting pretty frustrated but at the end of the day, I ended up getting some stuff and I feel accomplished. It is November 11th and I have quite a bit of Christmas shopping done! I usually do alot of shopping on Black Friday but this year I am getting my wisdom teeth removed on the Monday of Thanksgiving Break so I might not be up to going shopping this year. Plus its the BAMA/Auburn game so even if I do feel like getting out, I'm going to Auburn. AND we do not get out of school until December 23rd (that's our first day off) so I'm not going to have any time before Christmas to buy any presents. At target today I found some cute Christmas towels for my kitchen. =) I also put out my snowman coffee mug. These are my first two Christmas decorations. I have a tree but I think its at my house in GA so it probably won't be going up in the apartment this year. I just love Christmas. I love being with family and friends. I love the smells, the music, the food, the fun, everything about Christmas. I love the story of Jesus' birth, I love how nice everyone is, I love the decorations, the lights, the candles, and I love church in the Christmas season. There's just something so wonderful about this season. It might not even be Thanksgiving yet, but I am totally in Christmas mode. I cannot wait to do Christmas activities with my kiddies at school! We are having breakfast with Santa one Saturday in December and I cannot wait! Brings me back to my childhood....good ole Milford Elementary. We always had some Christmas shenanigan with Santa, crafts and food! :) ahhh, memories.

Here's a picture of my first Christmas decoration of the year. Not that anyone will see it other than Ty, and maybe Lauren, and you of course. I took a picture of my kitchen towels but my phone wouldn't send them to my computer so maybe I'll post a picture of that later when my phone decides to work......
:)

1 comment:

  1. I've been in a Christmas mood for weeks, we've been listening to Christmas music since the week after Halloween!
    I loved the Christmas craft fair we did at Milford, we made some good $ one year making those beaded candy canes & wreaths!
    I have sooo many Christmas decorations, I need to get rid of some, your welcome to take a few to your apartment or your classroom!

    ReplyDelete