Wednesday, October 28, 2009

clearly, im a chef

i made broccoli and rice casserole tonight and it was SOOO yummy! I got the recipe off of the rice box. I am so proud of myself! Anyone who knows me knows that I am not that great of a cook. I used to help mom in high school make dinner but then I got to college and had a roommate(s) who spoiled me for 4 years and cooked for me all the time. And to add to that, Ty cooks for me all the time....so basically my amazing cooking skills have been pushed aside. Anyways, i know this is probably not a hard recipe and you are probably laughing at me because I am really excited about a simple dinner but it was yummy and any new recipe I make, is another one down. :) I have started to collect recipes and I have quite a few so far. I've been cutting them off of the back of boxes, searching on foodnetwork.com, getting some from people's blogs, and I'm going to start cutting them out of magazines. Then, by the time I get married and HAVE to cook for someone else, I will be prepared....or semi-prepared at least. My mom on the other end of the phone line is also a must =).

I am so so so tired this week. Its 8:40 and I can barely keep my eyes open. There's something about 6 yr olds that WEAR ME OUT! I think I'm going to go shower and go to bed so I can rest up. I just wanted to share with the oh, 4 people who read my blog that I am clearly a chef now!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think I tried that same broccoli and rice casserole recipe from the rice box!
    Your next challenge needs to be moms broccoli and chicken casserole, it takes time to makes, but it's so good and it makes so much, you can eat off of it for days!
    I know Ty likes chicken, I found this great chicken recipe off the Land O Lakes butter box, Ryan loves it, you should try it out!

    ReplyDelete