Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Home

I haven't been home since march and a trip was needed. A change of scenery, my momma, my dad, my room, mom cooking in the kitchen, my high school friends, and the list goes on. It was needed. There is nowhere quite like home. It floods my heart with so many feelings of happiness. I love my life in Alabama but coming home is a different kind of feeling. I know every knick and cranny of this town and that gives me comfort. Home is needed sometimes, it's good for the soul.

The second I see "that" intersection, my heart skips a beat. You know that one, the one that you drive up to & you know you're almost home. It puts a smile on my face. I don't always come home the same way but everytime I see that intersection, I know I'm almost there.

As soon as I got here mom had dinner on the table. I don't think I've inhaled a meal that quick in a long time. I am lucky & get home cooked meals a lot from Ty's mom, but there's nothing quite like your own mom's cooking. The ones you grew up eating that still taste the exact same. :)

Thank you summer, for allowing me to come home on a Wednesday, just because!


No comments:

Post a Comment