Monday, April 16, 2012

Perfect weekend!

I updated Saturday about my run, which was just the start of my fabulous weekend! I am loving this weather that makes me want to go barefoot all day long. I spent all afternoon Saturday and Sunday outside barefoot. It reminds me of summers as a child, running around my neighborhood with my sisters & friends with no shoes on. I just love it.

I washed my car Saturday afternoon (oh, and yes, it downpoured on me this morning...of course) and we played with Emma outside. I kept spraying her with water and she had no clue where it was coming from. Too cute.

Sunday I slept in and played Hookie from church. I needed sleep. I hadn't slept past 6am in over 2 weeks. I finally got up around 10 & did 5 loads of laundry and changed my sheets. I still had my flannel sheets on my bed along with my electric blanket (yes I'm aware it's April in Alabama)!! I felt oh so accomplished by mid-day!

Ty and Emma came over to play and we introduced her to Granddaddy's dog, Scooter. Emma is slightly annoying to adult dogs right now because she jumps right in their faces and bites them, ha! Scooter wasn't too impressed with her & did not understand why she was at his house, lol!

Christen and the kids came over to play and we spent awhile in the backyard playing with the dogs. Luke wore Emma out playing chase around the yard.

This weather has me longing for long summer days with nothing to do. I cannot wait! Only 26 more school days! I can't believe this school year is almost over, I feel like it just started!!! Crazy!

Happy Monday! We have a short week this week with no school on Friday! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment