Monday, April 9, 2012

10k!!

I did it! I ran my first 10k in 1:02:37!! I am very pleased with my time! My goal for my next one is under 60 minutes! The course was very hilly which I was NOT prepared for. I never run hills do that was a challenge. There was one huge one and I literally thought I was going to have to stop after because I couldn't catch my breath....but I didn't! My best friend, Melissa, came over from GA and ran it with me! I couldn't have done it alone!!! I am so proud of us for pushing ourselves and doing this! It was so fun and makes me want to do more! We shall see where my running journey takes me next... :)

My mom and dad came from GA to be there Saturday morning for the race, which was so sweet of them. Ty and his sister & mom and dad also came to watch! We actually ran right by Ty's house so they were all in the front yard cheering us on & then went to meet us at the finish line!

I drank a HUGE thing of water on Friday and I could totally tell that it helped me. I never once felt dehydrated!!! It was a great race!!! Can't wait to do another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment