Wednesday, October 6, 2010

people watching!

So Rachel  challenged her readers to a photo scavenger hunt for the football game on Saturday. If you're like me, you love tailgating. The food, the friends, the family, the LOVE of football and everything that comes along with football season. But there's just something about people watching while you're tailgating that is quite amusing. I just LOVE seeing the stuff people are wearing. I always wonder to myself if some people own a mirror, much less look in the mirror before they walk out the door. And if for some UNKNOWN reason, they DON'T own a mirror (which I find that hard to believe), don't they have friends, family, a husband (or wife), or anyone who cares what they look like? I mean if my best friend walked out the door like some of the people I see every week, I wouldn't care if I hurt her feelings. I'd spare her the harassment and the giggles from people and tell her to go change.

Back to the scavenger hunt, we were challenged to find the following:


  • A Houndstooth bow bigger than your head. These can usually be found on dresses, but you get an extra point if you spot one engulfing some poor child’s head. 


  • A kid in a cheerleading outfit that is WAY too old to be in a cheerleading outfit.
  • A girl trying to walk the whole campus in stiletto heels taller than Bear Bryant himself. One extra point if it’s a rainy or muddy day.
  • At least 5 sorority girls all together and ALL wearing UGG boots – not dependent on the weather.
    • Someone ELSE taking photos of all of the crazy fashion. Ten extra points if it’s me. :)
    • Houndstooth Rainboots. On a non-rainy day.
    • An Alabama Tattoo. Bonus points for each consecutive Alabama tattoo on the same person
      • A man wearing a Kilt (see above – 100 bonus points if you actually find THAT guy – he’s not hard to spot).
      • A girl wearing a skirt shorter than her purse.
      • A fan wearing a random non-related-to-the-game-school shirt – extra points for the complete randomness of the school, such as the Maryland Terrapins.
      • Two different houndstooth prints on the same person. 
      • An Auburn fan.
      • A shirt that is about Alabama Football AND drinking.
      • Houndstooth pants. Full length. On a man.
    • An Outfit that makes you dizzy. Extra points if you’re still able to photograph it despite your dizzy state.
    • A Wardrobe Malfunction.
    • Someone that looks totally unaware that they’re even at a football game of any sort.
    • An opposing team’s fan that makes all Alabama fans look sane. (These are most easily found when Alabama plays LSU.)
    • A man’s khaki pants with some sort of embroidering on them. Elephants, Alabama A’s, etc. (Men + Pants + Embroidering = Only happens at football games. An ironic combination of the femininity of embroidering and the masculinity of football…one I’ll never understand.)
    • Someone in a unrelated-to-football bizarre costume of some sort.
      • A Houndstooth Print that is so large it looks like somebody put their dress in a copy machine and punched in “Enlarge 8000%”
      • Someone so bizarre that no one would believe you if you DIDN’T photograph it

Sorry About the bullets, I don't know how to fix that. Anyways, there were many things that I saw, but did not get the chance to photograph so I'll share what I got a picture of, and then share what I saw....

A fan wearing a random non-related-to-the-game-school shirt - This is an Ohio State Buckeye Shirt

Had to put this one in here - how awesome is this?????? :) And yes, that is a GATOR! RTR

Two different houndstooth prints on the same person. 

This wasn't in the scavenger hunt but I had to put it in here because I personally can't stand this new "trend" - You are not 5 years old so stop putting 5 yr old bows in your hair!!!!!!!!

An opposing team’s fan that makes all Alabama fans look sane. (These are most easily found when Alabama plays LSU.)

A man’s khaki pants with some sort of embroidering on them. Elephants, Alabama A’s, etc. (Men + Pants + Embroidering = Only happens at football games. An ironic combination of the femininity of embroidering and the masculinity of football…one I’ll never understand.)

A Houndstooth bow bigger than your head. These can usually be found on dresses, but you get an extra point if you spot one engulfing some poor child’s head. 

A man’s khaki pants with some sort of embroidering on them. Elephants, Alabama A’s, etc. (Men + Pants + Embroidering = Only happens at football games. An ironic combination of the femininity of embroidering and the masculinity of football…one I’ll never understand.)

A man’s khaki pants with some sort of embroidering on them. Elephants, Alabama A’s, etc. (Men + Pants + Embroidering = Only happens at football games. An ironic combination of the femininity of embroidering and the masculinity of football…one I’ll never understand.)

A Houndstooth bow bigger than your head. These can usually be found on dresses, but you get an extra point if you spot one engulfing some poor child’s head.

Can this also count as ---A Houndstooth Print that is so large it looks like somebody put their dress in a copy machine and punched in “Enlarge 8000%”  --Check out the shirt behind the girl with the giant bow.....


Someone so bizarre that no one would believe you if you DIDN’T photograph it

 
Someone so bizarre that no one would believe you if you DIDN’T photograph it - We had to get in on the picture!!!

Okay, now I am thoroughly disappointed in myself that I did not get a picture of the following items because I did see them ALL on Saturday:

  • A kid in a cheerleading outfit that is WAY too old to be in a cheerleading outfit. 

  • A girl trying to walk the whole campus in stiletto heels taller than Bear Bryant himself. One extra point if it’s a rainy or muddy day. 
  • A girl wearing a skirt shorter than her purse (numerous times)
  • An Auburn Fan - I had 5 at my tailgate (roommate, boyfriend, cousin, sister, mom) And my roommate and sister were even wearing Auburn Shirts and I didn't get pictures....
  • Houndstooth pants. Full length. On a man. (there was one sitting in our section at the game! everytime he would walk down to get food or a drink I kept thinking, "i need to get a picture! then i kept forgetting!)
  • Someone that looks totally unaware that they’re even at a football game of any sort. (a florida fan in front of us that kept giving us dirty looks....and a VERY confused "fan" sitting next to us who had a bama shirt on, then put on a florida sweatshirt....seriously? and she was asking her Bama fan boyfriend what all those numbers meant on the scoreboard....UGHHHH)


Alright Rachel, how'd I do? I think I did pretty swell. I would have done WAYYY better if I would have capture those other items. Now every other game I go to, I'm going to be searching for these other items. I have seen the guy in the kilt with all the tattoos and the BAMA Superman guy who wears all the football pads! Anyone seen some guys walking around with spandex covering their faces? Don't know what thats about. Also, has anyone seen the "Alabama Pimp" who hangs out in front of McClure Library??? He's pretty sweet. I'll have to capture his picture next home game.

Anyone who attends any other college football games, What is the craziest thing you have seen? You should try this at your next tailgate! Very amusing.


2 comments:

  1. You did GREAT!!! And I know the pimp you're talking about... he's bizarre.

    Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the scavenger hunt! I can't believe that was a whole alligator roasting on the fire, crazy!

    ReplyDelete