Thursday, May 28, 2015

Recipe Club

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite new recipes! I try to cook for Ty and I three days a week. We usually have leftovers and munch on those, eat out, or eat with family the other days. Many Sunday nights have become breakfast for dinner nights which I love! 

I am still learning in the kitchen and everyone I've talked to said that the only way to learn is to get in there and try so I'm trying to experiment with different flavors and new recipes. Ty and I have very different pallets and where I like things pretty simple and bland, he likes spice and lots of ingredients. Sometimes I see him putting some paprika or siracha sauce on my meals after I give him his plate which is fine with me! ;)  I usually ask him if he wants the meal that night to go into rotation and if so then I'll write it down and put it into my recipe book! 

I usually get my recipes from Pinterest or my mom. Most recipes from Pinterest are hits but sometimes they aren't but Ty is pretty good about eating them even when they're a "swing and a miss" as we like to call them. :) 

Today I'm sharing Chicken Caprese! I've seen several different ways to cook this including leaving the breasts whole or making it into a salad. So versatile! We loved how healthy and simple it was. And so yummy!!!! 

I got this recipe off of Pinterest and the original site is -http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chicken-caprese/#_a5y_p=1659520

Sorry I am updating from my phone so I  couldn't make it a link but wanted to give credit to the original post.


My mouth is watering just looking at that picture! 

Here's the recipe:

Chicken Caprese

Ingredients
-2 chicken breasts, cubed
-2 TBS olive oil
-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
-Grape or Cherry tomatoes
-Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes or torn into pieces 
-Basil
 
Directions
1. Trim the fat off of 2 chicken breasts and cut into cubes.

2. Heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in skillet and add in chicken. Cook chicken until no longer pink.

3. Remove chicken and set aside.

4. Balsamic glaze - pour 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar into saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 min until it is reduced by half. 

5. Plate chicken and top with cherry tomatoes (I cut mine in half but Ty likes them cut in fourths), cubed mozzerella cheese, dried basil (or fresh basil) and drizzle balsamic glaze on top! 

And that's it! Super simple!!!! And super delish!!!

Link up with Andrea and share your favorite recipe! I can't wait to read some of these and try some new things in the kitchen! 


No comments:

Post a Comment