Monday, August 5, 2013

Whispers from The Lord

As I sat on the dock at the lake on Sunday afternoon with the sun setting in front of me & it's rays reflecting in the water, I was in awe of God's beauty. 

It happens everytime I'm at the lake at the exact same time. It looks something like this...


I am totally speechless as I'm watching God paint the sunset and suddenly all is right in the world. 

The past couple months have been hard. God is teaching me the ultimate lesson on patience and its just plain hard considering I am the most impatient person ever (just ask anyone who knows me). I lay in bed most nights praying for God to hold my hand until He is ready for the next step in my life and I know for a fact I could have never gotten through the past year without Him but it doesn't make waiting any easier. 

Watching Him paint the sunset each time I'm at the lake makes me feel like He is whispering in my ear "I'm here, just wait for my timing"; and I somehow feel that I am ok. 

I had another whisper last monday when I was at my friend, Tyler's house for girls night. I have the most precious group of friends here in Birmingham and last week as we made coffee at 9pm and laughed at ourselves getting older, I heard God whispering, "I'm here, look how blessed you are!".  

I know God is in control of my life, I know I'm living in this cute 1 bedroom apartment by myself right now for a reason, I know this is only a season in my life and one day I will want it back, I know I have my health, a roof over my head, and food to eat; but it doesn't make waiting for the next stage any easier. I rest each night knowing for a fact God's plan is better than mine.

As always, I resort back to my favorite verse: 

"For I know the plans I have for you declares The Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
-Jeremiah 29:11

Just because she's cute ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment