Sunday, August 25, 2013

Catch-Up!

I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks since I last posted! All my teacher friends can relate to why I have been MIA - the beginning of school! Since I last posted, I have been to the lake 3 times, enjoyed my last few days of summer, paid off my first student loan (YAY!!!), had a week of teacher workdays/professional development and survived my 1st week of my 5th year of teaching with 39 first graders!!! 

Yes, I said 39. :) 

My sweet friend, Allison and I are team teaching this year! I'm not going to lie, I had several nightmares about this but we talked about this all last year and had the opportunity to observe 2 team teaching classrooms last year at another school & fell in love with the idea. 

Anyone who comes in contact with us may think we are crazy but this week was probably the best 1st week of school I have had in 5 years. Our students have meshed so well together and I am giddy with excitement at the thought of how fabulous this year is going to be. I am so blessed that God placed me in the school I am in. He sure does know how to answer prayers! 

Here are some pictures of my last few weeks! 

Graham (the sweet boy I babysat all summer) and Levi playing at the splash pad! 


S'mores cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory! My date night reward for paying off my first student loan!!


Sunset paddle board ride at the lake with my love! Ty got this paddle board for his birthday and we have LOVED riding around on it. It is a fabulous workout :)

This is what we did on our first teacher workday. Seriously love my school and these gals. 


My sweet 1st grade team before Meet the Teacher!

Our last glimpse of summer - enjoying Popsicles from the ice cream man (on a boat)!

This girl loves to eat. I seriously don't know how she's so tiny! What a cutie!

Pool fun :)

Stunting with Aunt Kafween!!!!

I get to see this precious boy next weekend! It's been TOO long since I've kissed those sweet cheeks!

Stay tuned for the story of our eventful first Friday at school! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment