Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Luke!!!

My nephew, Luke is 4 years old today! FOUR! I can't believe it! He is growing up so fast!!! I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday!!! I waited impatiently for him in the waiting room watching Full House episodes on my laptop. I was SO in love the second I laid eyes on him. He is the spitting image of my sister!! He is ALL boy, he could play with trucks all day long and be perfectly content. He lines them up in perfectly straight lines and sometimes even categorizes them. :) He is very protective of his little sister & brother and I love watching them all 3 interact! When he first learned to say my name it was "aunt Kat" and he always meow-ed after he said it because he associated it with a cat. Ha! Then I turned into aunt kakeen & I thought it was the sweetest thing ever. When he grew out of that I almost cried but now I'm aunt kafween and I love that just as much. :) He is so very smart & I'm amazed at the stuff he can already do! He recited the entire Christmas story from the bible by memorization using only a few cues from his mommy! I was so impressed!!! He also already knows letters & recites bible verses!

Luke, I am so blessed to be your Aunt Kafween. I love you so much more than you could ever dream. I adore watching you grow up & am loving living so close to you now. I hope you always know how much you mean to me!!! You were the one who made me an aunt & will always have that special place in my heart! You love Ty, which makes my heart smile, and i love watching yall play. I hope one day soon you can call him Uncle Ty!! Sometimes i think you love him more than me ;).
I always wonder when i will start to be "un-cool" to you but About a month ago, you were about to go down for a nap & asked me to lay in the bed with you so of course I did. We laid nose to nose & you let me snuggle you for the first time in awhile. I almost cried right then and there thinking about how special you are to me. As I left your bed so you could nap, I told you I loved you & gave you a kiss and you said in the sweetest voice, "I love you too Aunt kafween...will you be here when I wake up?" I love when you ask that :). I will remember that moment when i start to not be cool to you anymore ;) which i hope is no time soon!!! I could go on and on about how much I love you but that could take forever! Thank you for bringing so much joy into my life!!!!!
-Aunt Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment