Sunday, October 2, 2011

our furry friend

Tuesday, we had a guest visit the classroom....

WOLF SPIDER

I got this picture off of the internet and it was the closest one to what we saw. This is a wolf spider and it is no ordinary spider....It was a small animal. HA!

It was the biggest spider I have ever seen with my own two eyes. My sweet babies did not even freak out, besides the little angel who saw it first and squealed! ha! Bless her little heart. I on the other hand slightly freaked out, shaking uncontrollably and thinking for the rest of the day that it was crawling up me! haha!

Our brave custodian came in and killed it, because there was no way I was try to kill that monster with my sandals on. I am normally not afraid of spiders, but like I said before, this was a small animal (ok, maybe I am exaggerating?). It had to of walked right through the door into my classroom because I really don't think it could have squeezed through a window, the wall, or a vent? It's too huge!

If it was a WOLF SPIDER, they are poisonous but usually not deadly. I am so thankful it did not bite one of my kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment