Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Run for Wounded Warriors

I found my next 5k! Its on August 6th in my hometown and its the Run for Wounded Warriors. This run supports the Wounded Warrior Project. Here is a little about the Wounded Warrior Project:

Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) began when several veterans and friends, moved by stories of the first wounded service members returning home from Afghanistan and Iraq, took action to help others in need. What started as a program to provide comfort items to wounded service members has grown into a complete rehabilitative effort to assist warriors as they recover and transition back to back to civilian life.


I am super excited about this race and LOVE that it benefits such a great cause! My best friend, Melissa, and I are running it together! 


I am going to try to get my time down because I was slightly disappointed I didn't finish my last 5k in under 30 minutes. So my goal is to finish in under 30. I know that the heat slows you down and everyone tells me that but I still want to set a goal and try to achieve it. I started doing "speed runs" yesterday which are done once a week to help lower your 5k time. I found this on active.com so I am going to try and follow this plan to help lower my time! I hope it works!


After this 5k, I am going to try to gradually train for a 10k. I originally was training for a 10k when I started running last August but settled for a 5k and this will now be my 3rd. I need to push myself and the fall/winter is a good time to train for the 10k because it is not blistering hot. 


Ty is training for a marathon (which no, i will never do) and I am so proud of him! If he can do that, I think I can eventually do a 10k! :)


Anyways, if you are from Alabama or Georgia and are into running, look into this race!!! A teen from my church started this race last year! Its such a great cause!!!


Now that we are talking about running, here are some running shirts I SOO want...






I wish I had an unlimited amount of money :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment