Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Great Idea...

This is why I love blogging:

Lyndsie from A Love Worth Waiting For posted a great idea today. Head over to her site to read about it and link up.....

Basically it is just a prayer request link up. You can put it in anonymously or you can add your blog to it so people can go to your site and pray for you. I constantly need prayer and it is nice to know someone, somewhere, near or far, might be praying for me for my specific need. Right now, my main prayer request deals with my kids at school. I am struggling to keep my head above water. I desperately want to reach these kids. I thank God everynight for this job and ask him to help me reach them. I know I am at this school for a reason and though it is VERY difficult at times, I know that's where I'm supposed to be. This is probably one of the hardest things I've gone through in my life. Everything about my job is different from last year. Change is good, but I have been dwelling on the past and asking God, "why" all the time and I have got to stop. I need to step back, look at my blessings around me and be content. I have a teachers devotional and it seems like everynight God tells me exactly what I need to hear. I wanted to share a couple of things that have touched me through this devotional...

"We, like our Savior, face trials that bring fear and trembling to the very depths of our soul, but like Christ, we, too, must seek God's will, not our own. When we learn to accept God's will without reservation, we experience the peace that He offers to wise believers who trust Him"

"Sometimes even the most devout Christians can become discouraged. Discouragement, however, is not God's way. He is a God of possibility not negativity. So today, let us count our blessings instead of hardships."

"When you are worried, anxious, or afraid, call upon Him and accept the touch of Hid comforting hand. Remember that God rules both mountainships and valleys-with limitless wisdom and love-now and forever."

I just love this devotional. And it is perfect for teachers even though not every day do they tie in something about the classroom. For any other teachers out there, it is called "A Journey with God - For Teachers" I was given the devotional when I graduated college so I'm not sure where it came from but I'm sure Lifeway or any other Christian bookstore (or maybe a regular one) might have it. It has been an amazing blessing in my life!

I hope everyone has had a GREAT Tuesday! Yay for Wednesday tomorrow! Going to run 28 minutes today - say a prayer for me....I am almost halfway to my goal. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine the challenges you are facing this year at school, you're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete