Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Cookie Recipe Exchange!!!

Two Saturdays ago I hosted my first recipe exchange!!! I got the idea from Shay over at Mix and Match Family! If you don't read her blog, you should! I started reading everyday when her and her husband were in the middle of adopting their adorable daughter from China! She's a great cook, a Godly woman, and has great fashion tips!

Anyways, back to my recipe exchange! I decided to start off easy and do a cookie exchange! Everyone who came emailed me their cookie recipe and I printed everyone a little cookie recipe book to take home with them. I also bought little baggies for everyone to take some cookies home with them! 

I served cocktail meatballs, grapes & cheese cubes, and apples with toffee dip! I also had a hot chocolate bar but just my luck it was 75 degrees that Saturday so only my nieces dug into the hot chocolate. Oh well :)

We snacked on the appetizers before digging into the cookies! I had a little card with everyone's cookie written on it in front of their platter so everyone knew what cookie it was and who made it. We tasted each one, then I had a voting station where everyone voted on their favorite one! The winner got a little surprise after I counted the votes!!

It was such a fun way to get together with the girls in my life and walk away with lots of new cookie recipes!!! I am looking forward to hosting another one next year - Shay has done an appetizer version, casserole version, & breakfast version! I think it's such a great idea!

Here are some pictures I snapped of that day. I wish I would have taken more!!

Our cookie loot! Yummy! 

Hot chocolate bar! 

Heyyyy selfie stick.

Sweet sweet best friends!!!

It was such a fun day, I can't wait to do it again next year! 

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment