Thank you Kristin for the suggestions for Netflix! I have a feeling Netflix is about to take over my life, and I'm okay with that. :) I still watch Grey's Anatomy every Thursday but that's really the only series I am into at the moment. Ty and I love Shark Tank, The Profit, and reruns of The King of Queens, which is basically our nightly routine of shows on the DVR. We have been glued to The Walking Dead since Thursday night though!!!
I thought I'd share my dinner recipe tonight since it has been a hit since I first made it right after we got married. Ty is a health nut and I try (really, I do) really hard to make healthy meals and last week I did not do too good (Chicken Pot Pie Soup & Beer Cheese Sloppy Joes anyone??) so I am trying hard this week!!
Speaking of cooking healthier meals, it would be so much easier if we could have a grill here at our apartment. We will be so excited when we have a house and can grill!!!
(I adjusted it a little based on what we like and it just being the 2 of us)
(Here is the site I got it on)
-2 medium zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise
-1/2 cup mild salsa (Ty would love for me to use HOT but um, no thank you)
-1 lb ground beef
-1 tsp of the following: garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika
-1/2 tsp oregano
-1/2 small onion, minced
-4 oz can tomato sauce
-1/4 cup water
-1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded cheese
1. Ground your meat until no longer pink.
2. While your meat is browning, take your sliced in half zucchinis and with a spoon, scoop out the middle of the zucchini, leaving about 1/4 inch thick shell on the outside.
3. Chop up 3/4 cup of the scooped out zucchini and set aside.
2. When meat is done, add spices and stir well.
3. Add onion, tomato sauce, scooped out zucchini, and water to meat mixture & stir. Cover & simmer on low for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat your oven to 400.
5. While your meat mixture is simmering, boil a big pot of salted water.
6. Once water is boiling, drop in zucchini halves and boil for 1 minute. Remove from boiling water after 1 minute and set aside.
7. Pour salsa in the bottom of a casserole dish & place zucchini halves in the casserole dish.
8. After meat mixture is done, fill zucchini halves full of the meat mixture & top with a TBSP of shredded cheese.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes on 400.
Enjoy!!! The original recipe calls for peppers and scallions but we omit those. :) I am sure you could put anything in the meat mixture that you'd normally put on tacos!! Get creative people!
Sorry, no picture. The ones from tonight are baking and I deleted the picture from a few weeks ago when I made them!
Hope everyone had a great Monday. We are hunkering down for some thunderstorms tonight. Stay safe local friends!