Monday, October 5, 2015

I cannot get it together

Sorry friends, I cannot seem to get my life together to do any sort of regular posts! I had so many dreams of before and after updates on our house and now we're two months in and have I showed you anything?? 

I don't know because that's how long it's been. 

I was just telling my girlfriends at dinner tonight I can't get my life together at school either. 

Someone help. Call in the troops. 

And I don't even have kids yet. What is it going to be like when I'm a mom too?? I guess you adjust right? I'll keep telling myself that. Because right now all I can think about is my dirty bathroom, the dishes in the sink, the pile of clothes on our dresser that need to be put away, and the fact that it's October 5th and I haven't started my pumpkin unit at school!!! <insert crying eyes emoji here>

Ok, enough of that. Let's catch up shall we?!? 


Melissa and I had a wonderful weekend together back in September! Nothing like going to your hometown football game! We enjoyed feeling quite old sitting in the stands! :) 



While I was in Atlanta that weekend, this girl went dove hunting with her daddy! 


And the same weekend, I got to see my sweet nephew Hagen...
Love that boy so much!!!!

The next weekend I decorated the house for fall....







And then dressed up for our homecoming week...
Several people commented that I looked cute on Nerd Day. Compliment? Insult? You be the judge.


Disney character day! 

The other days were twin day, jersey day, and VHS spirit day but I didn't have any pictures without my kiddos and I can't post those so...2 days of dress up pictures will have to do. :) 

Then we enjoyed a small town homecoming parade with some of my babies...


We've had guests spend the night with us the past couple of weekends...




And I taught them how to find treasures at yard sales...


I went to the lake with some girlfriends last weekend...

And enjoyed some guilty pleasures like this fluffer nutter...


And someone's been sneaking into mom and dad's bed recently...


I've been swooning over these headboards...sending lots of pictures to my father-in-law.... :)






We went and watched my nephew play flag football Saturday...



And then I finally got to fill my new baskets from Magnolia Home (Chip and Jo's store from Fixer Upper)...
Fresh eggs from my friend Rachel's garden!!! Can't wait til this basket is full!


We did stay home this past weekend and had a wonderful relaxing weekend. I debated all week whether or not I should go to Athens with my parents and sister & BIL for the Bama/UGA game but I had been away from Ty 2 out of the past 3 weekends and I was utterly exhausted from the month of Septemeber so I ended up staying home. And I'm so glad I did. We had the best quiet weekend! :) Sometimes a weekend on the couch with your husband is so needed! 

That about catches us up!!! If I didn't wait so long between posts, I wouldn't have to catch up all the time would I??

Happy Monday, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment