Sunday, February 3, 2013

A dozen...

I ran 12 miles this morning!



I usually run on Sunday afternoons but I had a wedding tea and the super bowl this afternoon so I wanted to get my run in earlier in the day. It was SUPER windy and pretty cold but I would so much rather run in cold weather than warm weather. I loved the breeze I got throughout my run (when it wasn't trying to knock me over..ha).

The last mile was hard. HARD. H. A. R. D. Miles 1-11 were fine, but that last mile was brutal. I didn't think I was going to make it and the mile seemed like it dragged on forever! At the very end, when I had .10 left, I was out of breath and gasping for air. It was not fun! But I made it!!! And this was my last long run before the 1/2 marathon. I have 5 miles on the agenda next weekend and I should be good to go. Key word there: should. :)

My knees have been bothering me since I ran 10 miles a few weeks ago and I was SO hoping they wouldn't hurt today and they didn't! I was so relieved. They hurt a little but not near as much as before. My ankles hurt a little throughout the run too but nothing like the last few weeks. YAY!

I had some friends (and my sister) ask for a 5k training plan last weekend so I made one up because I didn't like any of the ones I found online. If you would like me to send it to you, leave a comment with your email address and I will be more than happy to send it to you as well! After my first 5k is when I got addicted to races. :) Anyone can do it...I promise!


I got the Liebster award from Natasha over at A Life Worth Living so I will be completing this tomorrow! Thanks Natasha!!!

Happy Sunday...who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl? I don't know who to go for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment